Logic Pro for Windows
Logic Pro is a popular audio editing software designed for OS X users. Logic Pro Windows, developed by Apple, gives a perfect digital audio workstation for Windows machines. When mixing and editing an audio file, you will need a professional studio-grade tool as an initial perception. The Logic Pro Windows’s core is a complete range of various features that are designed to give easy audio editing.
So are you a beginner to Logic Pro Windows? Worry not! We have come up with a complete article introducing it to you.
What is Logic Pro?
Logic Pro is a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) designed for Mac using recording engineers and producers to record and manipulate audio and program MIDI. It has various built-in instruments, loops, sounds, and effects to make it happen. Drummer program is one of the really great in-built VSTs that comes to Logic Pro.
Introduction to Logic Pro Windows
Logic Pro officially does not support Windows computers as it is designed for Mac computers. But the latest released Logic Pro X version can run on Intel-based computers including Windows.
Logic Pro X is the latest released version of the Logic Pro software. It brings more advanced features, new UI, and compatibility enhancements. The Logic Pro Windows update supports Windows 10 and 8 operating system versions. It works with virtual machines like VMWare and Virtual Box. However, there is only one method that can install Logic Pro X on Windows PCs.
Method to Download Logic Pro Windows
The most important thing you need to know is that you cannot install Logic Pro without macOS. And the good news is, that you can install macOS on Windows computers. Logic Pro X's latest version brings excellent digital instruments, built-in tracks, and special effects. You can use these latest features of Logic Pro X on your Windows computer after downloading macOS and installing Logic Pro X software on the PC.
Features of Logic Pro Windows
- Logic Pro features advanced track editors that allow you to record and edit MIDI files.
- It supports over 750 digital instruments, 2700 effect patches, and a Touch Book on MacBook Pro.
- It has an Amp Designer that helps users to design the guitar.
- You can create remix music using the Logic Pro Windows.
- It allows users to manipulate the tempo of the record.
Requirements to Install Logic Pro Windows
Download Logic Pro
- Windows computer running on Windows 7, 8, or 10. (It runs a bit slow on Windows 7 computers.)
- macOS file
- 4GB RAM
How to Install Logic Pro on Windows PC
- Download the macOS High Sierra OS file and extract the OS file.
- Download VMware. Please note that we are using a virtual box for this guide. You have to enable BIOS Virtualization for this process.
- Download and install VMware or Virtual Box on your Windows PC and open it.
- Click on “Open a New Virtual Machine” and create a new machine. Then enter the name of that machine.
- Select the version of macOS (10.13 High Sierra 64bit). You must have set the RAM size to 4GB.
- Put a tick on “Use an existing virtual hard disk file,” and then click on a folder icon and then on the add icon.
- Select a downloaded and extracted .vmdk file and then click Choose > click on Create.
- Now you can click on Power On the virtual machine and choose the number of processors.
Open the cmd and enter the following commands.
- 2 Processor
- 2 Number of cores per processor
Now, replace your Machine name with “Machine Name”.
After that, it will install macOS on your system. Follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the installation.
Choose a language and keyboard layout. Then enter your Apple ID and agree to its license.
After the installation is done, you will see a screen with a macOS High Sierra window popped up.
Go to the App Store and download the latest Logic Pro X update to download Logic Pro on your Windows PC.
- cd “C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\”
- VBoxManage.exe modifyvm “Machine Name” –cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
- VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct” “iMac11,3”
- VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion” “1.0”
- VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct” “Iloveapple”
- VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey” “ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc”
- VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC” 1
Frequently Asked Questions
01. How much does Logic Pro X cost?
It costs $199.99.
02. Is Logic Pro X available for Windows?
No, it is not directly available for Windows OS. But you can install it on Windows PCs after replacing the OS with macOS. If it doesn’t work out for you, you can use a Logic Pro Windows alternative.
03. What are Logic Pro Windows alternatives?
GarageBand, LMMS, and .Audacity